SQCC accepts intern applications on a rolling basis. General application deadlines for the Fall, Spring, and Summer internships are below:
- Spring Internship – 15 October
- Summer Internship – 15 March ( EXTENDED TO MARCH 22)
- Fall Internship – 15 June
Interns will provide crucial assistance to SQCC’s conferences, events, and outreach activities. This internship offers a unique opportunity to participate in the organization’s core outreach mission.
- Assist in efforts to promote Omani culture through assisting with the design and implementation of public programming, teacher workshops, and other outreach activities
- Photograph SQCC events for website and social media
- Provide tours of SQCC’s permanent exhibition space
- Assist with the Arabic language program events and activities.
Research and Writing
- Conduct research for upcoming SQCC museum exhibitions, conferences, and special events
- Write item descriptions, exhibition pamphlets, and conference guide materials
- Catalog new additions to the SQCC permanent exhibition collection
- Conduct research and write entries for the Indian Ocean in World History website (www.indianoceanhistory.org), a K-12 teacher resource
- Applicants should have strong research, writing, and interpersonal skills, as well as familiarity with the Arab World in general and Oman in particular
- Prior experience in research, event planning, and communications is preferred.
- Basic photography skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Familiarity with Oman
- Photoshop skills preferred
- Arabic language ability
- General graphic design skills preferred
- The internship is based in Washington, D.C.
- Interns will receive a stipend.
- Please note that candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Applicants must be fluent English speakers.
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates are eligible.
- Candidates with full-time availability are strongly preferred (M-F 10-5), though part-time schedules will be considered.
- SQCC is not responsible for arranging accommodations or facilitating visa applications for applicants.
- SQCC will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an on-going basis.
Please send the following to email@example.com with a subject line “Internship Application—Full Name.” Please indicate in the subject line which internship session you are applying for (fall/spring/summer).
- Cover letter, including availability
- List of three references
- Brief writing sample (no more than four pages, an excerpt is fine)
Please direct any questions about the SQCC internship to firstname.lastname@example.org